Indian-spiced vegetable and cheese parcels
Time to make: 1 hr 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 45 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled, finely chopped, squeezed of moisture
- 3 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, finely chopped, squeezed of moisture
- 2 medium-sized red capsicums, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons curry paste such as Madras curry paste
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed, roughly mashed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 200g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 12 cups salad greens
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, courgettes, capsicums and ²/³ cup cold water. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender and water has evaporated. Add peas, curry paste, chickpeas and spices. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Stir through cottage cheese.
3 Place 1 filo sheet on a flat surface, spray with oil, top with another sheet and spray with oil. Cut in half horizontally. Repeat with the remaining filo sheets. Place 1/2 cup mixture onto each filo rectangle (parallel to shorter edge). Fold shorter edge over filling, fold in the sides then roll up (like sausage rolls).
4 Place parcels on prepared tray. Spray lightly with oil and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden. Meanwhile, combine mint with yoghurt. Serve parcels with yoghurt dip, mango chutney and salad.
Garnish with sesame seeds before baking if you prefer.